Wednesday 3 February 2010

Laundry

Attention to detail because this is reality and it matters, is something I learned from CS Lewis, but his was a joyful discovery of the Christian life;  Peterson's is the realisation that this wonder also has to be the weave of pastoral work:

...I prayed my lists:  this is best-seller material.  This is my Jonah work:  giving loving and leisurely attention to the everyday geographical details of my Nineveh life and at the same time living in the urgency of the eschatological.  Eternal souls are at stake here, precious lives at stake.

1 comment:

  1. I think 'attention to detail' is a huge point - and one I know I've regularly failed on and need to be taught about. I found it really helpful to have it grounded into a larger theological base. Thanks for posting that quote.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.